Monday, January 11, 2010

helping out in the kitchen

last week Jojo started kindy. I registered her last Feb and had paid the deposit. It is the kindy that Nel went to, and she had so much fun there so I thought I'd let Jo experience a year or 2 there. Thought of withdrawing this year, but hubby said to give it a shot. So far it's been crying spells every morning! she will turn 5 in August, but everymorning she wakes and tells me "mummy, i'm only 3 years old. mum, i'm too young to go to school, I want to stay with mummy."
ahh...it melts my heart to hear that, and I so feel like withdrawing her immediately. but I guess, I'm gonna try to be strong on this one and wait it through a month and see how she does.

As for the home, my children have taken a greater interest in helping me prepare meals recently. Almost everytime I am in the kitchen, i'd hear Jo or Nel asking "mum, may I help?" So far here's how they've helped out:-

-making the spread for egg sandwich. (danelle knows the ingredients and mixes the whole thing by herself, and Jo is fast learning.)

-buttering the bread

-helping to marinade the chicken/beef before cooking (even Jo knows the ingredients now. :))

-using a butter knife to cut mushrooms, luncheon meat, baked potatoes, papaya, fish cake etc.

-plucking spinach leaves from stalk

- helping to pound garlic

- shredding seaweed

-baking cookies

- scooping food out from the wok after it's cooled down

-making own milo and ribena

I'm sure the list will grow longer as they grow. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's so good that you are teaching them in the kitchen. So many moms just want to get the work done and aren't patient to let the children work with them. Isabella loves to help and calls herself a good helper!

    I pray that Jo gets used to school and starts enjoying it.

    love to all, auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to your childrens help you but you says Jo is not interested go to the school?
    I wodering anybody go to the school at near by your home?
    Give a time to get used the school?
    Big Hugs,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete