Monday, February 23, 2009

A walk in the rain

We met up with some very dear friends who'd just come back from abroad. A lovely meeting after many years. We had been brainstorming about all the possible places to go..and in the end we went to a forest nearby.
Just before we left the clouds turned black.... Thunder but we decided to go ahead, hoping it'd be one of those showers that would end in just 5 minutes. Alas, we were wrong. As soon as we arrived it began to pour, and then drizzle and pour. I thank God that all of us were not the type to chicken out...and I must say our children were very brave and they enjoyed the rain tremendously. :) Thunderstorms
We walked close to 2 hours on the track, mostly uphill, ..... through drizzle and sometimes very heavy rain. The two youngest of the lot, Jo and Md fell asleep at some point and the fathers had to carry an extra load of 12 kgs most of the way. :)
We finished the walk drenched in rain water, and some of us collected an extra souvenir on the way...leech bites followed by non stop oozing blood. haha........
All in all.....we decided it'd be a walk to remember for a long long time. Tongue Out

I enjoyed myself a lot too....I suppose we'll meet again in 3 to 4 years time? we'll plan something better next time yeah ? Smile Perhaps East??

2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of the "great indoors," Hearts! You can keep the wildlife and rain!

    Thinking of you, a.g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had left a message here before. Hmmm...

    I think of you often, my friend. hugs, g

    ReplyDelete