Sunday, February 15, 2009

Burglars broke into our house yesterday evening while we were out havin dinner. When we got back, hubby opened the gate and went in first, while I helped the kids down. Then he shouted with panic in his voice "HON!! thieves have broken in!!!!" and without thinking twice he boldly went in to check. I really panicked and asked the kids to get into the car and lock. I panicked coz some years back, my friend's house was broken into, and when he went into check 2 robbers were still there armed with knives. (hubby later realised that he should've called police to check and not gone in by himself.)

Thank God, in this instance, the burglars had left. They'd broken the window, hacked at the wall to break the grill and entered. They took most of the electronic equipment and precious jewelry which were given to me on my wedding day. The house was a mess, drawers opened and stuff thrown about. Estimated lost is quite a lot. I don't understand why none of my neighbours heard anything? About 6 policemen came by took reports and left. Apparently there is burglary almost EVERYDAY! scary isn't it?

I suspect......that robbers may be teens or college going age. All police could say was that there are several robbery gangs about....so if you're staying in my area...please be very careful.

Already, I'm a light sleeper. I wake at the slightest noise...I think, I'm gonna be even more paranoid for a while....

(I am however, very thankful that they did not come while we were in. I don't care if the stuff's lost as long as our family's ok.)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad that this happened to your family, Hearts. Such a violation.

    Do you have a specific prayer request? I am praying for your nerves to be calmed and your sleep to be sweet.

    much love, auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm sorry to hear about the burglary, Hearts! Glad that you all are safe and that's the most important thing. Such sudden attacks do leave people paranoid for a while. I hope you get over it soon. Just stay cautious! Hugs for you...

    ReplyDelete