Thursday, October 16, 2008

update on Jo

As I was cleaning up my blog, I came across this recording I made of Jo's singing when she was exactly 2 years old.
http://www.soundupload.com/audio/s6tab3dwmp

I listen and I'm pretty amazed. :) She's still singing a lot...loves to sing. Also very sensitive to sounds. When a recording is on, she asks about the sounds in the background, if they're flute/strings/drums/guitar... She insists that she likes the guitar and trumpet.

Also found this recording of her reciting verses when she was 2 years and 2 months old.
http://www.soundupload.com/audio/05bo52vk06

She remains as strong will as ever although her tantrums have decreased tremendously! (phew!) They went away because I chose to ignore most of her tantrums and did not give in.

Currently she is crazy about princesses. She insists on wearing only certain dresses and it is quite hard to make her wear something she doesn't like.
She's also fascinated with this book about hibernation, particularly about how the dormouse hibernates. And thus, this mummy (me) has now read that particular book, several times a day for several weeks now!

Yesterday Jo was extremely quiet....and finally I found her under the blanket lying down very quietly. I asked her what she was doing and she replied "I'm a dormouse mum, I'm hibernating. Don't disturb me." Roll







2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love your family, Hearts! Your husband is so considerate and your girls are wonderful in different ways. How blessed you all are! And how blessed am I to know you!

    I have really got to get my skypeing act together! Love, a.g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi... hope u have a great week... just run into ur blog after months forgotten... still love u

    ReplyDelete