Saturday, June 28, 2008


Last Thurs, me & Nel, my sis-i-law and Lyd went out together. Just us two mums and our two 6 year old daughters. it was like a "date" with our eldest child (bonding time.)

We caught the LRT towards town center to catch the broadway version of "Beauty and the Beast." Well, we got there half an hour before time, and decided to indulge in some New Zealand icecream first. yummy............. :)

at ten to 8, we headed for the show to check out the souvenirs and program booklet. Incredibly pricy, everything to me, was pricy....unless you're earning a lot and have nothing to do with the money, the 40Rm keychain is a really crazy price to pay.

ok, so we skipped that and went looking for our seats. Nel just enjoyed the show so much. At one point where the Beast was dying, she actually cried. She just seems a lot more emotional nowadays. When I asked if she was ok, she got embarassed, pulled on an angry face and turned away. hahaha...

Anyway the show ended at 10:30 and we had to walk quite a distance towards the LRT station... coz the shopping mall was closed, and it was drizzling...so we had to go by a longer route. WHen we got to the station, my sis saw a train and shouted "Run!! run!! catch it before it goes."

So we ran like mad people, squeezed in to that packed train and after 20 mins realised we were going in the wrong direction! arrghhh. Depressed ...... and by that time, it was already 11++pm. We got off, waited to catch another train...and finally got on the right one, which probably was the last train of the night?

Our two little girls were tired, and nodding off....and really, though there were not many people on the last train, there were quite a few unusual people. We saw a girl which Ju says was an "emo", drunkards, cross dressers...and some pretty scary lookin ones

Finally we arrived at the last stop at almost midnight. The station was closed except for a little side door. We had to go through the building to get to our car, and there wasn't a soul in sight in that large building. was really kinda spooky to me, well, not spooky......but I was worried about thugs and drug addicts...

Anyway, we got home safe at almost 12:30am. Late huh? bottom line, if it's a night show, next time we'll drive. Still all in all, our kids and us, enjoyed it so much. It was also good mum and daughter bonding time, minus the presence of the younger one. Well worth it. If you've got 2 or more kids, I recommend this, taking time out to be alone with each child. My parents were wonderful in that they helped by baby sitting the younger one.

3 comments:

  1. HUllo!! You've been bz huh. NO wonder nvr hear from you for so long. =P Booty and the Pest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nel will remember this day for the rest of her life. I remember my mom taking me to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas show for my bd. Just the two of us. I might have been Nel's age.

    I've never done water therapy. I hate being wet! My showers are in record time. Also, it would be very expensive for me to join somewhere with a pool. The beach is not too and too cold! I have an appt. with an orthopedic doctor week after next.

    "Mom" is still in a lot of pain. I pray that she heals quickly. Because of the blood thinners she takes for her heart ills her elbow wouldn't stop bleeding. The Dr. used crazy glue to patch it up.

    I hope we can talk soon. hugs, a.g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hearts,
    New Zealand icecream: you were enjoyed that I can understand it because more truly yummy cream tests.
    My friend from Japan she says an Australian tofu is very testful than made in Japanese ones,it more soyer beans into the tofu less water ha ha ha
    Nel's very sensitive girl just like her MUM ha ha ha
    Whats a great excitement times you have had you got wrong train LOL!
    But in end everybody safely home.
    Nice to read happy end entry...
    Have a great day,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete