Thursday, May 15, 2008

the photo

Many years ago.... to be precise, Spring time almost 10 years ago, I received an email from a person called Ted while I was still in the US putting the final touches to my Masters thesis.

Ted in that email asked if I still remembered him? I thought about the numerous times I'd met him, yet never really talked. I remembered him as the person who came up to talk to my brother once after we'd performed for a friend's wedding.....the man I saw from a distance when a best friend visited his brother who happened to be Ted's housemate (Ted smiled at me ).... I remembered him as the man who I met at camp. On that last day at camp, during farewell lunch..somehow all seats were fully occupied except for one at my table. Ted came and sat there and we finally talked, but just for about 4 minutes. Then I had to leave. Later I flew back to the States.

Anyway, back to that spring time 10 years ago, the email came as a surprise coz I never expected an email from him. He wrote to tell of how he'd been trying to trace me and get my contact when he bumped into my friend and got my email. Well...after a few emails back and forth, he asked for a photo of me. I thought, why not? he seemed like a nice guy and sent him this one.


Our relationship didn't happen. I went on to meet someone else and he too met someone else. I stopped writing him emails after a while, coz I just couldn't trust someone whom I'd just talked to for 5 mins over lunch.

However, when I came back, I volunteered in an orphanage and coincidentally, Ted was a volunteer there too. Need i say more? I just couldn't avoid him...so we got married. :)
Recently, while cleaning, I came across this photo I sent him.

He told me "Do you know, when I received this photo...I thought you were a wild sort of girl? Probably not my kind.."

Do you know why he thought that? well, first of all, he's kinda old fashioned type, logical, straight forward, kind and honest. Well, anyway....he thought I was wild because the photo........

ok, I've decided not to tell why. Maybe you could guess? look at the photo and guess why would Ted think me wild? hahaha... seriously I don't have my eyebrow or nose pierced, no tatoo...

oh well, gotta go. Take care all.

4 comments:

  1. i konw!! it's the dark nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hearts,
    I thought was lovely story ..
    I believe in he is happy married man? that was healthy friendship you had between with him ....I don't understand that why he think you were wild?? I can't seen it...
    Thank you for sharing a beautiful story with your lovely picture.
    Big Hugs,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww.... love story. so sweet. hehe :)

    thanks for the comment on my artwork btw :D i let u know the price when i come back.

    o, and i answered all the questions to the tag... the answers just not very conventional mwuahaha!!! i guess that's y i don't do tags :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cell, you are soooooooooooooo right! wow! I never thought anyone would guess it! takes a musician/lawyer eh. :)

    ReplyDelete