Thursday, May 29, 2008

my favourite jewelry

I am crazy about accessories, yeah, cheap kinda jewelry, preferably stones and shells. It’s nice having diff colored accessories to match with diff color clothes. However, I keep buying the same 2 colors (in diff shades), coz I’m crazy about these colors. You’d know what colors I’m talking about when you see the pics.

Well, it’s school holidays for the kids here, so I had some spare time to take pics of some of the pieces I own. They didn’t cost me much. I like my accessories unique and cheap. So I usually go bargain hunting at random small stores, and really, most of these pieces were bought for under 15RM, except for one or two which cost about 30RM, but not more than that.

I think…I should go look for more reds and purples coz I have lotsa clothes with those colors too. Oh well..gotta go.

p.s we spent the weekend up in the hills with close friends. That was really nice. Five families with a total of 11 kids. Was really enjoyable, especially for the kids! Nel also celebrated her 6th birthday up there. Happy Birthday my little Nel…you’re growing up…way too fast for me.


love turquoise colored stones...this one combined with brown stones is my favourite.

That piece with the flower is really old from early 1990's ..bought from Walmart Illinois. :) The one with the stone is quite new. Am looking for a pair of matching earrings now. well, actually I ordered a pair already, for a really cheap price, to be collected next week.


More turquoise colored jewelry. Some bought by my mum on her travels. The one which alternates between white and turquoise was bought in Sabah for just 8RM. Beautiful.


This combination of shells and beads was purchased in Sarawak for 10Rm. I love it's unique shade of green. So beautiful like a sunflower.


another turquoise piece bought by my friend from Thailand, and the green piece at the back is a choker, hand made by a native S'wakian.


More matching turquoise jewelry...the bracelet in front bought by my mum while on a trip to India.
Earrings in the background from Somerset, and that beautiful beaded bracelet in the middle bought while on an adventure trip. Was on a boat ride on a rough river near Mulu Caves. We visited the Penan long house, and the ladies made such beautiful jewelry. It's priceless. Bought it for only 4Rm.


this pendant was bought from an Indian preservation center in New Mexico. One of my favourites too.

A favourite bought in the 80's, one of the rare pink pieces i have. Made of shells....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hearts,
    I wish a Happy Birthday to Nel.
    I loved turquoise colored stones
    and the last ones.
    I'm glad you were enjoy the family get together,it always nice to know, By the way is this entry has in here before that I remember that Cans of biscuits opened...
    Have a nice day,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete