Thursday, March 20, 2008

here's a weird conversation with Jo which I had yesterday. In my younger cousin's terms, the conversation would be described as "Lame." haha....

Well, it all started coz I have a dog named Camel. My friends have asked if I was crazy to name my dog Camel coz it might confuse my kids. Plus, at one time I too had a cat named "Dog" and a rabbit named "Kitty."

So it was over teh tarik "pulled tea?" while waiting for Nel to finish ballet class...

Me: Jo, do you have a camel in your house?

Jo: Yes, camel is in my house.

Me: A Camel in your house???!!!!! (eyes opened wide in shock and horror....)

Jo: Yes, and it's in my kitchen.

Me: In our kitchen?????? Oh my gosh, how can that HUGE camel get in our kitchen??? A Camel is supposed to live in the desert or in the zoo....

Jo: My camel can run and fetch balls and it likes to lick me, like this! (sticking out her little tongue)

Me: A Camel that runs and fetches balls??? Jo????? How can a camel do that???? (and here I whipped out a paper from my handbag and began drawing a big picture of the real camel, and a picture of my tiny poodle named Camel.)
Me: So Jo, which Camel are you talking about? which camel do you have in your house?? the big one or the smalllll one?

Jo: (pointing to the poodle) This one of course! my camel has curly hair. But I like the Big Camel. I want! I want! I want! My daddy took me to the zoo to look at the camel and I gave him grass to eat. I want that big camel mum. Can you buy me one???? I want I want!

Me: staring at her and wondering why on earth does she want a camel. and ok...trying hard to control my laughter, coz I had to look very serious about this matter of having a camel in the house!

Anyway, the people sitting near us must've thought we were crazy, or my daughter was over imaginative talking about a camel that can run and catch balls and which lives in our kitchen. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, it'z crazy how hormonal changes wreak havoc in our bodies. Couple that with certain geneticically related tendencies...it creates some miseries for a 30 somethin.
One is the ballooning body. most female in my family are pear shaped. Ok, so Jennifer Lopez is supposedly pear shape, but she's fit and trim and has extra padding on the top. Problem with this body is with a lack of exercise, that pear is gonna turn into a plump plum!!

hormonal changes.....arrghhh.....affects lustre on skin, thinning hair, temper changes, and for women, sooooo many many many changes as we age. SO many of my friends are going for laser skin treatment, slimming treatment, hair treatment...... boy the cost of living for a 30 somethin is REALLY high isn't it? I have yet to splurge on such treatments... but may consider a few in the near future haha...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hearts,
    Well! you had hard time to explained how big the camel isLOL!
    Jo's age had lots of question ... then you can't said top of your thinking can you mum ???
    And other hand you need to thinking how you look yourselves..
    I think that the best way you just leves alone nutural way ...
    because you can't fixed face and body as well...it going to be NEVER END ha ha ha
    I bet your children likes you the way you looks ha ha ha
    I wish a Happy Easter to you and your families.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure would like to be able to afford a chemical peal. Did I spell that right?

    Your Jo sure is smart. Bless her.

    Isabella is gaining new words now and the evaluation team doesn't suspect autism. Hooray!

    Easter blessings all around, auntie g

    ReplyDelete