Saturday, March 29, 2008

Baking again..

This week I decided it was time to take out the mixer and start baking again after a few months rest. The last time i baked was for Christmas, and i Was baking so much, I didn't wanna bake at all after that.

Well, as you all know, Nel's started kindergarten, and she has to take snacks to school everyday. Sometimes it's sandwiches, but she mostly prefers biscuits (cookies). So, I decided better make her some wholesome, healthy ones free of preservatives and low in sugar. :)

Well, I picked this Oatmeal COokie recipe from Martha Stewart's cook book. mOdified the recipe a little by cutting ammount of sugar by half. Usually I add raisins, but this time, I thought I'd make it a little more sinfully delicous. I replaced the raisins with really good bitter sweet dark chocolate. The result.......................... ahhhhh....absolutely delicious.

I gave a batch to Aunt Gladys. She's my mum's friend since the time I was about 7. Later she sms'ed me and the message goes "thanks....very delicious, all gone in 5 minutes!" Nel loves it, so I'm happy, coz it's nutritious. :)

Looks kinda sparce, but that's coz we had already eaten them, warm, fresh out the oven....before I took this shot.
yeah...oatmeal, wheatgerm and good good dark chocolate.

one batch of cookies here..
Then, I decided we'd bake some sausage buns. Junee helped me out on this one... I'm afraid the bread didn't turn out as tender as I'd like it. Fault of the recipe I think. ok, my fault too for experimenting way too much. I added Atta flour to see if it'd turn out well. Anyway, it makes really good breakfast rolls if eaten hot with cream cheese spread. slrrpppp........ i think I'll go get some now. see ya.

Picture taken before entering the oven. No pictures after that. Was too busy tasting.

3 comments:

  1. you really oughto bake someathat cookies for me!! I keep gorging on biscuits NYAHahah!!! :D thanks for all the encouraging comments. hehehe. Good to know i provide entertainment eh? AND YOU BAKE like.. the pictures are good enough to be eaten... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. should've asked me to come and help! the last time i baked with junee at ur house was..... 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not that you need any of my help :P but it's just fun to bake with other women. i dont have any friends to bake with u see, since they all work during office hours, and i work when they're free.

    ReplyDelete