Wednesday, January 2, 2008


Happy NEw Year everyone. We just got back from Sabah on New Year's day. It was a wonderful trip with family and extended family, about 30 something of us. We were actually there for my cousin's wedding. In between we did lots of shopping, sight seeing and eating. Sabah is really known for its incredibly fresh and wide variety of seafood. So of course, we ate and we ate and we ate. The wedding was lovely...romantic, emotional and joyful. Congrats my dear cousin on your wedding. :)
Well they say a picture speaks a thousand words...so here are some shots taken from that beautiful "land beneath the wind."
Lots of seafood here, dried and fresh. (Sea Cucumber...very expensive if purchased from the city.)Fresh seafood in abundance! we ate and ate and ate.....not very good for health I know...but hard to resist...
My cousin Vincent and his bride Angel saying their vows...they make a very beautiful couple.


We had to try this species of durian..very different from the usual ones we get in the city.

A fisherman's boat

Some of the stuff you get at the Phillipino Market. Actually most of us bought baskets, batiks and Pearls. I got myself some really lovely pearl necklaces....after spending close to an hour bargaining.
Stalls by the ocean Night market coming alive. We bought some of these lovely delicous grilled chicken
MOre fisherman's boats...
sunset
Part of the mountain. I climbed it in 1999 and hubby plans to climb again next year.


kundasang...very cool mountain area with fresh veges. Lovely place...I plan to stay here for a few days on the next trip.
by the pier
This is me after I fell into the mud. Since I'm the photographer, no shots of my mud packed butt. :) Basically I was standing there telling everyone, "Be careful, slippery, careful careful...." and then whooopps....I WAS in the MUD! haha...


Some of the very beautiful Padi Fields At Ranau. Really so beautifully green as seen in the picture. Lots of water buffaloes too.
Anyway, if you have an acc at Facebook, you can view the whole collection. and no, this is not and add for facebook. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From now on comments will be moderated. So if you don't see your comment appear immediately, don't worry, it'll appear after I've read it and know it's from a friend and not stranger. God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Your pictures make me want to be there with you! I would love to hear/see you bargaining - and pearls! What a wondeful result!

    hugs all around, auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hearts,
    The pictures are beautiful,
    you ate a lots of delicious food
    that I wish I was there with you ha ha ha
    I'm glad you found nice pearls necklace that I loved it.
    Thank you for sharing your families photos.
    Big hugs,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Hearts,
    I hope that you get my comment here, ha ha. I am usually not too sure about this way...
    I love, love, love your photos... they are so beautiful. What a beautiful country!! Sounds like you had a great Christmas with your family.
    Wishing you a wonderful and blessed New year in 2008. Its going to be the best... I am sure.
    God Bless You and your family.
    Hugs & Kisses
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hearts,
    It wasa little while ago a young man asked me to going out in Melbourne..I refused then I got nuisense comments on one Saturdays
    morning I was lucky to find out, So
    I had quickly deleted as his photos.
    He knew that every Saturday that I have new entry....
    It okey now but one of my friends
    she has private "Window live spaces.
    because she has problems with guy too.LOL!
    You have great week ahead.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey.. thank you for postin... first post ever... hehe
    VERY NICE PICS... the place is so beautiful.. take good care...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiul pics Hearts, especially the muddy one.. wink wink :D

    I still can't believe that I'm married now! Maybe, after a year or so, I'd realize that! :P

    ReplyDelete