Thursday, November 15, 2007

Some recent random pictures

Thunderstorms Life around here is as usual. It's terribly rainy over here. Yesterday the rain was so bad, I pulled over and stopped the car. It's just the fear of crashing again after the accident the other day. Other than that, we're ok. I think I've lost an inch off my waist. Well, another 4 more inches to go! but am working on it. Well, here's some random pictures taken recently.

Some wild flowers taken on one of our daily walks

Jo's hooked on books. She woke today at 6am and said "read mum!" arrrghhh...that is like torture to be woken at 6am! I'm not a morning person.

BallerinaLittle Nel's progressing well in her ballet classes. There's still lotsa times when she's not paying attention in there! but generally, she's doing well and she enjoys it.



We went to our favourite picnic spot again where the kids get to play with sand and wade in the stream. This time round we caught baby fishes, shrimp, and surprise, surprise, 2 dragonfly nymphs! that was an exciting catch coz none of us have ever seen nymphs before and I've been showing it to Nel in her encyclopedia.


This is a dead HUGE HUGE toad we found at the stream! You won't believe it, but yes, Chinese people eat this toad. I admit, I've tried it. They remove the skin, cut it and stirfry it with ginger and soya sauce and whatever. Basically it tastes like REALLy tender chicken. I'm not particularly crazy about the dish, but if nobody told me it was toad, I'd say it is delicous.


Big Smile Baby Jo's been at it again, breaking my third lipstick this morning!!! Here's her wonderful work of art! but I do not condone this work of art, coz it just "burned" the money that went into purchasing this brand new lipstick just barely 2 weeks ago. Annoyed And Disappointed

Other than that, life is good, the Lord is good. :)

Blessings to all.








7 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed these pictures, Hearts! You must learn from experience that lipstick must be kept highter than Jo can reach!

    No, most men do not join the military here. Quite the opposite, actually, since we no longer have a draft. This makes it even more important, in my opinion, to recognize the men and women who do join.

    Hugs to all, a.g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hearts,
    I wishs we could have your rains,
    Where is the God? he having a holiday away from Australia?
    You've lost an 1 inch off your waist that how did you do it???
    I love to know it...
    My problems was everytime I've ate the rice and the noodle which my favorite foods, are you surprise to hear? ha ha ha
    I hope Jo can read himself as soon as possible So you can sleeps in..
    The Toad is ALL YOURS..
    The third child is good thinking ..
    You would NOT REGRET in the future.
    I am really enjoyed mind you as you know that without them ...it would be misery life...
    But if your hubby happy with two that okay too.
    Enjoy your day,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Hearts,
    Thank you for your visit the other day, it was great to see you stop in. I loved it from you.
    I am not sure that I would like the toad meal, ha ha, but the lipstick is perfect... love the colour as well. ha ha.
    Wishing you a great day filled with many blessings from the Lord.
    Hugs & Kisses
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Hearts! How are you and long time no see or write! Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family. We are all doing great. I just had my 38th birthday yesterday and had a lovely day! Oh well I need to just blog again and let everyone know whats all happening which isn't a whole lot. Nice to hear from you again though!
    ((((HUGS))))

    BTW this is Lori "Sahm I Am" I had to sign in anon since I dont have my google password... i forgot it hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots dear...like the wildflower and the little ballerina...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lori...how are you? I lost your add...and can't find your blog page. Do you still blog? let me know if you do. :)

    ReplyDelete