Sunday, November 25, 2007

Rabbit poop + food = sunflowers

(Questions Nel asked this week: Mum…why is it that in all the books I read, children’s heads are soooo big and their bodies are sooooooo small?
Me: well, coz that’s reality. Look at all the toddlers and babies you know, their heads are big and their bodies are small right?
Nel: Mum, you’re and adult right? Is that why your head is small but your body soo big?
Me thinking: (yeah don’t remind me, I still have to loose that 5 kgs!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My two rabbits have been eating like crazy, I suppose all rabbits eat a lot! Don’t be fooled by their petite structure and think they’re cheap pets to look after! It’s just about a couple of months and I’ve already bought a few BIG bags of food. Thing is this, a rabbit poops endlessly! That’s what they do all day. Eat and shit.

Well, those clumsy fellas sometimes topple all their food and also poop in their water bowl. Sometimes when I clean after them (as if cleaning after my own kids are not enough!) I just throw all the stuff into my plant pot. I throw them all, the leftover food and the heaps of poop.

Well, one fine day my pot started sprouting with all sorts of plants! Curious I left them there and studied them everyday. Eventually I discovered they all grew from the rabbit’s leftover food (mainly seeds…oats, barley, sunflower etc). Well…one particular one just kept growing taller and taller and taller………just like Jack and the Beanstalk, only it didn’t reach heaven…. it is none other then, the very beautiful Sunflower. :)

I’ve to tell you, my MOST favourite flower in the whole world is the Sunflower, so imagine my joy and excitement when I discovered that all of a sudden I had about 8 sunflowers growing in my garden! The tallest being about 9 feet. J Absolutely breathtaking…so beautiful…so….lovely….. so magnificent (especially the one that is 9 feet tall.)

So I’ve discovered rabbit food and rabbit poop go hand in hand. Throw the food, it grows. Throw the poop on it to fertilize it, creating the healthy tall sunflower.

Here’s some pics of sunflowers taken in my garden.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hearts,
    Are you expect to Japanese people coming and comment for you?
    Is that Sunflower is finished or it cause by too much food? burnt?
    You can cut back after the season
    then it should be right for next year.
    I think your weather is going to the winter time? don't worry about your weight...because you might get bad cold that needs to protect yourselves. ha ha ha
    By the way Have you heard from Sonia?
    Have a great day,
    Michiko xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha,

    Simply love reading your blog, esp seeing your pics. Very creatively taken.. makes me wanna pick up photography again.

    What camera r u using? Like the sunflowers.. what mode did u use?

    :)larissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Larissa, am just using a regular camera, Canon Inux?? can't remember,, 6 MP, limited functions. *sigh* I really wish for a better one...but this is what I've got and so gotta make do with it. :)
    Used manual mode and one close up..
    i think photography is relaxing...it's a wonderful way of expression...hope to do more of it when I get more time. :) How are you? do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures! Up close and personal as we say here.

    About Facebook; I did join and then backed out because I was getting too much e-mail traffic asking me to do this and that. I really want to see your pictures, though. I don't know what I am going to do.

    hugs all around, a.g.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hearts,

    Great pictures and with all the unknown substances put in rabbit food, one never knows what they will get. Great pics of the rabbits and glad your Daughters are doing so well.

    Spaces just isn't the same without you but you are far better off.

    Peace & Blessings.

    ReplyDelete