Thursday, December 6, 2007

Today...

Today started off as a really good day. My hair looked perfectly in place, shiny, bouncy and good. My skin glowed despite the very little sleep I had gotten. (yeah, Jo was super waky the whole of last night!!)
Well…put on my sky blue shirt, some earth-red colored lipstick and my beautiful turquoise colored earrings. Sprinkled a little bit of Sunflower perfume and went off to teach my morning piano students.

Felt really good today…felt young and vibrant. It’s amazing what your feelings can do to you, coz even the people I met today commented that I looked good.
3D Prom Queen
Well it continued that way, till getting down from my car, I caught a glimpse of me in the mirror and noticed the fine wrinkles forming around the corner of my eyes. I was temporarily reminded that I was fast approaching middle age. Shooked off that feeling and went on doing stuff……….TILL I popped in to 7-11 to grab a roll of wrapping paper for my little niece’s present.

Dang those fellows, they surely spoilt my day. I asked for wrapping paper and they said “Wait ah AUNTY, let me go check to see if we have some.” A few moments later the guy reemerged and said “Sorry Aunty, no wrapping paper lar.”

I went back, sat on the bed, and reevaluated myself, giving myself terrible points for everything. One ratty word and that spoilt my day. Aunty indeed! Bah! Pulling My Hair Out

But hey, they day ain’t over yet, it’s just 630pm, and I’ve got a birthday party to go to. Gonna spruce myself up, shake off that mid 30’s feeling and enjoy the rest of the day. I can’t help feeling tired with kids and motherly duties. I wish I had all my kids when I was in my 20’s when energy was boundless and sleepless nights would be nothin.

Sigh………….ok,ok. Wake up girl; where’s the optimism I had this morning. Better go find it. But it’s always this way in the evenings when energy runs low.

5 comments:

  1. Ha haaaaa Dear Hearts,
    You says a run out of your energy that toward evening time??
    that no good for your loved ones...
    I think difinitely you needed an eel to eat makes you energetic lady ha ha ha
    You can buy from Asian grocerly store (frozen already cooked one)
    I normally kept in my deep frig.
    My grand children were very fond of it.
    The Aunty: it kind of respect for the ladies?
    You were very sensiivity age ha ha
    I am over past it doesn't worry a bit anymore though not even someone called me"grandma" I except ha ha ha
    Have a great day,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's that boy?!Bring him to me...let me give him a piece of my mind for calling you, aunty...(rolling my sleeves).Sometimes...I think it's a Malaysian thing...it's a sign of respect.So look on the bright side...because overseas, most of them would call thier customers "mam". As for me I had a mixture of things, sometimes it's "miss"...sometimes..."aunty" by teenagers and by my regular van man (in his 50s) who calls me "aunty" when I buy little and "ah moi" when he's in a good mood and after I gave him a killer stare...hahaha!

    To me, you're still the sweet young thing I know of...it's in your calm smile...and steady gaze!

    LET'S GET EXCITED FOR WE GET WISER AS WE GROW OLDER!THE YOUNG PUNS HAVE LOTS TO CATCH UP ON!;0)After this, reenergize with Phil 4 :8...1,2,3..."Whatever that is lovely, wahtever that is pure, whatever that is of good report...medidtate on this things..." God's assurance is the best "botox"...AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm im in my 20's but i dont have boundless energy and if i get less than 8 hrs a night im cranky

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are young and beautiful! What do those boys know, huh? You know that the enemy wants you to feel badly about yourself. He wants to stealm kill and destroy and he hates human beings. Look up, dear friend! hugs, a.g.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heart,
    30s is the prime of your life! Enjoy it! And the older we get, the closer we are to be in heaven with Christ!

    HT

    ReplyDelete