Thursday, October 11, 2007

Marriage

They say, if someone wants to be a writer, that person better write something everyday, doesn't matter how long they work at it, as long as they write something. I used to have thoughts to write about almost everyday when I had that MSN blog.... but somehow, my motivation to keep blogging has waned... and though I have random thoughts here and there, I'm not motivated to pen it down.

so here I am, forcing myself to write something, less my brain becomes lazy. Life is moving at such a fast pace. Was it just yesterday that I said goodbye to someone who was leaving for some country far away for a couple of years. Fast forward, and boom, I just saw the same person and 2 years have passed. 2 years, and I thought it was just yesterday I said goodbye. The person is sitting in her same old favourite chair at church, a little fatter a little fairer, but she's back and you wonder where the heck has time gone.

Talking of time, Sunday marks my 7th wedding anniversary. Seven?? my gosh...and I realise next year marks the 10th year since I got back from the US. I tend to think I'm only in my 20's till I check the mirror and realise I'm in my 30's. I'm just writing randomly and aimlessly today. but as I hit mid 30's the issue of time is a lot on my mind. I feel sorta in between, not old, not young.

Anyway, speaking of marriage, I'm blessed with a wonderful husband. He's not perfect, but neither am I. There are days when I ponder, question about stuff.... but then, surveying and analysing my life, I know God has given the best for me. He (my hubby) is patient, and able to tolerate me as I am, my ups and downs. thank God for that, for I really need a patient husband. haha...
He's not the fast pace goal seeker who's always going for the money. He's one easily contented, reliable, consistent, and loving. :) (sometimes tooooooo patient!)

As for me, I"m still working on me. There are days when I tend to let my tongue wag a little more than it should...(I mean negatively), then I'm reminded to hold it back. Yeah...you know, some people think if you don't like something, "speak it out and take it off your chest!". From my experience, that only results in terrible arguments, exchange of heated careless words that cut, hurt and sting.

In my opinion after 7 years of marriage, YES, disagreements and negative feelings must be voiced out, but in a proper way at the right time. Those who believe in leting it all out of their system without considering the other, are only gonna cause damage to their marriage. It only feeds the anger and ego of the angry spouse, it's a very self centered approach.... to me, it's like throwing glass at your spouse without considering how it's gonna hurt.
Sometimes it causes damage which lasts a long time, and leaves words that haunts the memory for a long time.


I've learnt to control my tongue, but still to voice things out...in a way that would get to him, hopefully without hurting him, and my husband has done the same. I suppose that's why we're still married and happy to be with each other. :) There's so much to be learned....so much more of myself to improve...... but yeah, me and hubby, we love each other (though there are moments we cannot stand each other! hahaha....but that is not often)....and with God as the center of the marriage...this family is mostly happy. :)

ok, I'm rambling..........................

3 comments:

  1. You are very wise, Hearts. Your marriage will last.

    I am a bit better. Went to see the dr. yesterday and am on antibiotics. Guess it is more than a cold! Makes me appreciate my generally good health!

    Haven't felt well enough to buy the ginger and don't trust Himself to pick out the ginger. I know that is awful but I hate to waste the money on a dried out piece. Heavy sigh.

    hugs and kisses to the babies, gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hearts,
    For someone not so motivated to blog you sure have done a nice job.
    I get the same sometimes and often just sit at the computer wondering what on earth to blog about. But even though I may have more absences than usual, I have to persevere. I love this place as it has become more than just my own thoughts and journal. It has become a place with friends and joy, support and laughter for me.
    And I do so enjoy the adventures and watching your little family strive. And of course Hearts, your wonderful sense of humor and the way you have of making a person feel like they are important to you.
    Take it from someone with 19 years of marriage under their belt. You are a lucky lady and your babies will be throwing you a huge 50th anniversary party someday.
    Have a great weekend Hearts!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heart - yep Layaway = presents. You pick out all the stuff you want at the store. Bring it to the Layaway counter and put down about 10% of the total. Each week you pay some on it and at the end of the layaway period (or before if you prefer) you pay it up and bring it home. Wrap it and under the tree it goes. This way the kids don't snoop and I have an easy pay way.
    Pot Roast --
    Into a crock pot put one chuck roast (actually, any beef roast will do). Add 1 package of Ranch Dressing, 1 package of Italian Dressing, and 1 package of Brown Gravy Mix. Pour them over the roast. Add just enough water to almost cover the roast. Cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Slice roast when done, Make gravy from the juice and serve with mashed potatoes and veggie of your choice. Yummy and sooo easy.

    Pork Roast can be cooked in a crock pot too, but with different seasonings. Something I have yet to experiment with.

    Sleep tight Hearts!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete