Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jo and mess!

As we were all just lazing around in the livingroom, Jo jo came up and said "Mum, I pangsai (pooped)." Before I could take her to the toilet, she did the unthinkable. (well not unthinkable for a 2 year old), she stuck her hands into her diaper!!!!!!!!!! Eeewwwwwwwwwww!! I jumped up and yelled "Jo, take your hands out!," hoping her hands had not touched her poop. Alas, she took out her hands and yeah, stuck to the tips and all her nails was the stinky, brownish poop!!! Urrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

"Off to the toilet!!" "don't touch the sofa!" "don't put it in your mouth!" ....and I had to keep saying all this commands as we marched to the toilet! arrghh! yukk! The joys of motherhood! hahaha.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning Jo had bread and jam for breakfast. She undid the sandwich and wiped the jam on the floor and said "AIYOH!" (Malaysian for Oh No!) "JO!!" I jumped up again. You must be wondering why I'm always jumping up? well, actually I'm down with a horrid flue....and trying to rest when she has to create all these little scenes for me. *sigh*..... anyway, since I have absolutely no energy today, I gave her a series of commands to follow.
I told her "Jo, put that sandwich in the dustbin, go to the kitchen and get the cloth."

So pitter patter, went her little feet. After a while I hear a "thud" sound, and assume it must be JO throwing the sandwich in the dustbin. Then I hear her sweet voice calling very loudly from the kitchen "Mum, where is it?" (meaning the cloth). I yell back "By the sink!"

A few minutes later, she emerges with cloth in hands, wipes the mess up. and asks "mum, could I...have...milk?" So I replied "first, put the cloth back, next to to the toilet at the back and wash your hands, then come back and pick up all your toys."

I listen intently...and yeah, I heard the "plop" sound (cloth in sink), then I heard the tap water running (washing her hands) and then tap water off, then she appeared picked up her toys and said "I've washed my hands ady, and pick up toys ady (already)."

"very good Jo", I smile at her and gave her the milk. (No, I've not managed to wean her yet). *sigh*

but....yeah, children are a blessing, life is interesting with them around. Though all those instance were REALLY messy, they make nice memories. Nel is currently at Chinese class. Will have to go pick her up soon.
ciao.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hearts,

    I was so happy to see you again. No apple cider donuts huh? I'll try to think of something easier this time.

    October 31st is Halloween and Thanksgiving is November 24. I can't have you rushing over Blogland wishing everyone Happy Thanksgiving on Halloween. LOL! Although that would have given me a chuckle.

    I love reading your blogs. You bring back some very funny memories of my own child raising days. I thought my kids were the only ones who stuck their hand in their diaper on occasion.

    Oh and when I scrolled down to do some catching up -- I thought you had set a chair on fire or something with that one picture. I thought uh oh -- what did Hearts do now...until I read the blog. But that's what it looked like.
    Take care Hearts and have a great week!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this little girl really keeps you running! I do hope you are feeling better. hugs, gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. it all sounds normal to me ...lol
    I can just imagine Jo doing the unthinkable and washing her hands in the toilet bowl ! You do not want to worry about still feeding Jo ,what is the rush ..ha ha
    Fergus is due another haircut ,maybe this time ...sigh .though he is cute with lonh hair,I can understand Nel thinking he is a girl ..lol
    I trust that you are well now ..
    keep up the good parenting
    love and blessings to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hearts,
    How are you? I hope you are okay by now. It's too much for you to listening your children's asking question that never stoppedLOL!
    I remembers my kid's when they were little gave me a headache...
    they wanted me to watched all the times their acting some silly things go on forever...
    But without them too lonely ha ha
    enjoy with your lovely kid's,
    and look after other little one (hubby)LOL!
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete