Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jo's first real punishment

Little Jo decided to try and see what it'd feel like to smack her older sister. So, while snatching her sister's stuff away, she smacked Nel on the face and yanked her hair. (yes, a 2 year old can do that!) So I pulled her away, got to her level, looked in her eye and said "You CANNOT hit your che-che (sister), you understand? Hands are not for hitting.."


Jo looked at me seriously, and said "yes mummy, no hit Nel, no hitting Nel."

I replied "you sure you understand what mummy said?"

Jo looked at me somberly and replied "sure mummy, Jo cannot hit Nel."

I then took her to the corner of the room, placed both her hands on her ears and told her to face the wall and stand there for a while. I've tried this before, and she burst into tears the last time. This time, she quietly did as told and did not cry a tear. However, she took lots of peeks at us, hoping we'd allow her out. She had this really serious frown on her face and if I happened to catch her taking a peek, she blinked her eye in a really funny manner. I was trying hard to be serious, but I could not help turning away for a bit of laughter. No, I'm not a sadist, it's just she looked so seriously cute! hahahaha.....

Finally I said "ok Jo, you can come here now."

Jo walked over to me, smiling, and said "Jo want to say sorry to Nel. No beating Nel." So she walked to Nel, tenderly stroked her hair and said "sorry, Nel, Jo sorry." *sigh*..... the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apart from that, yesterday we celebrated mooncake festival. I don't know the significance of it, I don't celebrate it in the real sense of it, but traditionally it's a night where you eat mooncake, and children walk around the neighbourhood with their brightly litted candles. So we got together with the neighbourhood kids and did just that. It was fun, except for a few lanterns that got burnt. But that is part of the fun, watching the lantern light up in flames! hahaha...


4 comments:

  1. You are such a good mum. Bless you, Hearts. auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo Hearts, long time no blog, I know, but still just as delighted in Jo and Nel's view of the world as always! Hope you remember me! Love, Lols

    ReplyDelete
  3. how nice for your girls to have such lovely pets ...and for you too ha ha !
    Jo sounds as if she will be the leader of the pack when she gets a bit older ..Fergus hates to think anyone is hurting and enjoys making us happy ..though he did have a few weeks when he was around 16 months old when he grabbed in excitement at any small person he met :-)I love it when they are learning how to behave with their peers and how they deal with new things ...being a grandma is just as special as being a mother ,only I have more time for playing and walking in puddles !
    *blessings*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hearts,
    WOW! it's hard for you to do that
    But I think you need to be corrected, if your child doing wrong things.
    How is other babies? I was very please with your health good that's good news.
    keep up you being a good Mum,
    Hugs,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete