Friday, August 24, 2007

rain rain

today as usual, I headed for my morning lecture at the university. After lecturing for about an hour, it began to thunder and storm outside! There was hardly any point in trying to beat the sound of the roaring rain, so I had my students do some work while I walked around to check on their progress.


Anyway, instead of leaving straight for home...I was stuck with no umbrella. So we talked a little about their future plans and all. Most of them have not even thought about it. They are Sooo into enjoying their current lives, partying hard, having every expense paid for by their parents or a bank loan (paid back by their parents.) This is the current generation. They have little value for money, have no idea what hardship or responsibility is like. They just spend spend spend and have fun. Well, I kinda gave them a little lecture today, coz the results were poor. I painted them a picture of reality and that set some of them thinking seriously for they will graduate soon in a year.


Anyway.... yeah, after that, they went on to their next class, while I stood on the porch watching that torrential rain falling hard and quickly from the seamless sky. I stood there for an HOUR! What an hour. Finally, I ran to the car.... soaking wet. Thank God no students were around or they might have seen my "see through" "wet look" blouse and hair. Not very nice. haha..


It continued to rain the entire day till the evening...then I got out, with my camera again (a cheap one...I'm bugging my husband for a better one.) My garden though small, is a lovely place to be after the rain. The children love it too. Nel loves watching the flowers, Baby J loves plucking the flowers and throwing pebbles. :)

a flower I brought back from Maxwell

Japanese Rose


Pebbles on my lawn


Part of my spice plant (Bunga Kantan-totally aromatic)


Nel holding a flower from the garden wall creeper


Nel checking out the little wild plant from Maxwell

6 comments:

  1. Quick Nel and Baby J, run for cover!Mummy's in her "lecture" mood...Run...run...run...!

    Hey there...love the pictures...bright and cheery...

    By the way,send our warmest regards to your hubby...dun burn his pocket, yah.I'm trying not too here but you see my prince is growing fast... Got to get new ones...yah!I know...excuses, excuses...wink!

    Catch you later, girl...:0)

    God bless...Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice pictures. you've got very good perspective and an eye for interesting photos! and that's a very pretty dress nel has on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man. i hate those spammers who comment on people's blogs randomly to advertise their stuff for free. so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hearts - Happy to see you. I cannot believe the price of steak there. Our lunch portion which is pretty big for a lunch only cost 7.95 (with potato and veggie). I hope your hubby says you'll have steak soon.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Is this who I think it is? I thought you had given up on blogging Hearts! Never the less I am so happy to see you and I'll be back to catch up on what's been going on with you and your family....

    Susan
    www.letmylifesongsing.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete