Tuesday, July 24, 2007

weaning

weaning is hard... hard for the baby, hard for me. but she's almost 2 years old..and so it's time. Plus i have to take some medication for my muscle spasm and doctor told me to come back in a month's time after weaning the baby.


For Baby J, nursing time is nutrition and most importantly being close to mummy. For me, nursing time is seeing the joy on the face of my little baby, listening to her little excited giggles and feeling her close to me. It's a special bond. that's why weaning is hard for her and me.

It's 5 days and 4 nights now, 4 nights of almost total sleeplessness because of her frequent wakings and cryings when I deny her the comfort of nursing. Most of the time after about an hour of crying, she'll say "ok..mum, no milk, ....Mum, *sob**sob* I want mummy, I want mummy." followed by a burst of crying. So I'd just carry her and rock her in my arms till she falls asleep again. Sometimes she falls asleep on my tummy...just to feel close to me. Hard....but we'll go through it together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for N, ah, she's ok. Sometimes her usual rascal, sometimes an argumentative lawyer, sometimes a loving helpful little gal. SHe's decided that she wants to be a singer for now, and a fire fighter. Don't know where she gets these ideas.

Yesterday, she sang her sunday school song like this...

God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good like me.

well the actual lyrics are "He's so good TO me." hahaa... she knows that but she insists that she's a good girl n God is good just like her.Smile

.....anyway here's some pictures from the animal shelter we visited recently...faces have been hidden...orders of hubby.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Hearts,

    My youngest Grnadson finds solace in sticking his hand into the underarm of whomever is holding him - what a smelly way to fall asleep:) He is over that now:) but it was fun while it lasted. Reading about your children brings back pleasant memories of when mine were that young - oh so many years ago. The young one was a skin to skin baby - had to ahve her head on someone's chest to fall asleep. The oldest one was little miss independent. Somewhere along the road the behavioural patterns changed.

    I have no idea where those strange "people" come from nor where they get the strange comments. They must really be lacking a lot of things in their lives - mainly a belief in God, Allah, or whichever Higher Power they might choose. It seems they only beleive in themselves and nothing else. It is a pity that they feel they have to force their idiotlogic ideas on others. I regret that you saw that comment from one of them. It is gone and I think MSN deleted their blog site.

    Have a great week.

    Peace, Love, & Blessings.
    rwc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hearts, Am sure it is real hard. I will miss Evan too when I wean him later.. but seems like he might not have a prob cos he is also like N,eats or drinks anything... Will b praying for u and hopefully both of you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor you ...weaning is a hard time all round :-( but it has to be done .Good to see that your babies do exist ..lol maybe one day I will see their pretty faces too :-)
    wondering how N's swimming is going ..
    see you later
    *blessings*
    sandra

    ps the floods are not near us this time ,but they have caused sooo much damamge & distress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hearts,how are you?

    Weaning a child is difficult,especially when it is from breast feeding !! They tend to get very attached and the interaction one has with the kid when she is feeding cannot be described in words,its pure joy!! It will take patience and strength, hEarts...and wil not be very easy !! Something pulls deep inside when she starts crying and one tends to give in thinking ...this is the last time !! If u r serious about weaning her,pld avoid succumbing to that pull :)!! Best of luck,mamma hearts :)!!

    I can really identify with what you have written and it brings back the days when i was trying to wean sanaa !! She was 18 months old ,eating silid food but wanted the last feed from the breast....tried evrything but she just would not give up!! Finally i smeared some pickle on my breast and when she suckled it was quite sour..:)...and she pushed it away in disgust and stopped demanding!! It might sound desperate,but i was at that moment :) !!
    Results wi;; be out today,i believe !! Lets see :)!!
    Love to the girls and u!!
    Tc,
    Love,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete