Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Taking a break from stories about raising my children. The elder of my church, DR KOH ENG KIAT aged 83 years,was called home to be with the Lord on 29 June 2007.

What can I say? I know he is in a better place..yet I miss him. He has impacted my life and many many lives in tremendous ways. He and Elder Ang started the church in a small buidling by a railway (I think) and that church has grown and expanded to several churches, probably ammounting to about 7-9,000 people I think. They had 7 services held at the large auditorium, just for people to pay their last respects. Imagine the ammount of people he has touched. What a great man of God.

Despite the very large crowd that comes in Sunday after sunday..he is always there at the back, shaking hands of people, listening to them, praying for them. He always had time for people..... he always displayed such humility...such faith, such perseverance. Even as a teen, when people tend to overlook teens, he listened to them. I have certainly been blessed and touched by his leadership.

His passing away has somehow "shown" me that at the end of life...nothing much matters, except for the people you have touched. Just looking at the crowd that came in to pay their last respects, and to see tears streaming down their faces...showed me how he had done just that...touched the lives of people, imparted God's love...

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."2 Timothy 4:7

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet tribute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hearts,

    My condolences on the loss of such an influential person. Those are the hardest losses of all.

    Thank you for the Fourth of July wishes. When a person is not around something on a continual basis, it is easy to fade into the background.

    Peaec, Love, & Blessings.
    rwc

    ReplyDelete
  3. July 4

    BIBLE MEDITATION:
    “That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep His commandments.” Psalm 78:7

    DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
    On June 8, 1845, Andrew Jackson said, “The Bible is the rock upon which our Republic rests.” Just a few years prior in 1820, another of our forefathers, Daniel Webster said, “Let us not forget the religious character of our origin.” In the days of our founding fathers, people didn’t quibble about the Bible’s importance. Our forefathers brought hither their high veneration for the Christian religion, being journeyed in its light and labored in its hope. They sought to incorporate, listen to, and infuse its influence through all their institutions: civil, political, and literary.

    ACTION POINT:
    American heritage is important, but so is your personal spiritual heritage, as a believer and as a family. Why not take some time this week to write down the spiritual heritage of your family?

    hey my dear Hearts, hope ur doin fine, love ya lots and hope we can talk more often, blessings ur way, byebye

    ps: im workin right now.. lots of free time since tis 4th of july

    ReplyDelete