Thursday, July 5, 2007

Avocados and pigs


Avocados are supposed to be really good for health due to the valuable nutrients it contains. If you wanna know more about the nutrients found in an avocado, you can look at it here. Recently my sis in law brought me 12 BIG avocados from Indonesia and I thought "oh me gosh" how am I gonna swallow all that!


Anyway, I decided to make some of it into milk shake which is what I usually do. Here's how I do it,

1/3 rd avocado to 2/3rds fresh chilled milk. Add a little sugar (if you're sweet-toothed) and blend all. Drink. If you want it a little more "yummier" but fattening, add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and blend it all together.


As for my Indonesian friends, they blend

avocado,milk and some milo/coca powder and sugar. Tastes good too.

Anyway, I tried all the above recipes, and my little ones refused them all! *sigh* so I decided to try something else. Here's what I tried....

3/4 cup triple chocolate ice cream
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup fresh milk
Blend all the above and let it freeze and harden.(serves 1)

SO i tried the above, and little N tried it and said "YUmmmmmmmmmmm!" so without her knowing it, she swallowed half an avocado. :)

As for my hound dog Baby J, who smells everything out, and has super sensitive taste buds....she tried 2 scoops and said "yukk" and decided to play with it instead of eating it. I guess, you just can't fool the little J.

________________________________________
N: Mum, if I can look after a dog and a cat, a fish, a tortoise and a rabbit and a hamster well, do you know what I want next mum?

Me: what would you like? (Wondering what on earth could she ask for after all those animals named.)
N: I would like to have a pet pig!
Me: A What???
N: A Pig, not a guinea pig, but a real baby pig, just like in Scallop's Lap.
Me: Scallop what?
N: Scallop's Lap mum! (and brings out the VCD of Charlotte's Web to see.) hahahahaha.....
_____________________________________________
N: Mum, is it true only adults can kiss on the lips?
Me: Yes dear.
(I find I have to teach my little girls these things from young...today's papers showed rape is up by 28%....scarry.....so I have to teach her what is appropriate behaviour and what is not as far as physical contact is concerned.)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hearts!

    I love piglets! I too would like to have one as a pet (if my granny allows me :P). She's gonna kick me outta the house.. lol :D

    Hope all's well :)

    Love,
    Divoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dear Hearts ..sorry to be so brief on my last comment ,Fergus woke early from his nap and I like to get him when he shouts'where are ya grandma 'as we don't have safety gates and he can easily climb the cot sides :-)
    we have good news .Wayne & Liz are having a baby around Christmastime ..doc thought it could be twins so Liz had an early scan ,found the baby was bigger than her dates so has to have another in 2 weeks time ! they were relieved it was only 1 baby ..I think the other could have been hiding,especially after you saying we needed 2 more children for the dogs to play with ..lol
    your J is going to be a real character..well already is really :-)Fergus inspects his food too,but enjoys fruit & veg and now has a taste for good meat .I have had to use the mirror to get him to eat breakfast as he has been a bit off his food ..he says'I won't be bothered '& pushes his plate away across the table and asks for cheese ..aren't toddlers fun to cater for .lol
    you are teaching N.well ,she sounds so grown up for her age ..once they are in school they seem to learn way beyond their age :-(
    have a good weekend my dear
    praying our Lord continues to bless you and your family

    love sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw ...let me know when you get the pig ,Charlottes Web is a favourite story of mine :-)
    *blessings*
    sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Hearts,
    Wow, happy to hear that the baby likes something, ha ha ha, that was really so cute.
    Thank you so much for your visit and comment on my site, it is so great to see you stop in.
    I sure have missed you when you were away, but happy to see that you are still around.
    Keeping you and your sweet family in my prayers...
    God Bless You Bella.
    Hugs & Kisses
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just making sure I didn't miss anything around here
    trust you had a great Lord's day

    love and blessings
    sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i LOVE avocados!! they're one of my favourite foods. I LOVE to mash them up...add some salt and pepper and just eat them on buttered toast. OR mash up with salt and pepper mix in some chopped tomato and onions and chilli powder and use as a dip for corn chips [like guacamole] but if im lazy..i just sprinkle salt and pepper on the avocado half and eat it like that with a spoon. it's so yummy and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Hearts, nice blog...i have not updated mine in ages... need some nudges or inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hearts,
    Why, N want a Pig? N must got idea from the books or TV?
    I think good idea to have some pets that they can learnt from how to look after them and loving them ...but pig is too much ...I hope soon N will foget about it the pet business ....
    Enjoy with your loved ones,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete