Friday, May 4, 2007

what did I blog about the last time? Freedom? Suddenly I feel "free" compared to what this other woman is facing. I saw her news on the net. If you're interested, you can read it here..

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9AE7AEF9-CA60-49FF-837B-DA590082BCE2.htm

Life is tough for some...I'm thankful for my freedom, for my children, for my home and for my wonderful loving husband. Please be careful if you choose to leave a comment about the above link. thanks.

On another note, I decided to spend a little on a novel. I've not read one in ages, simply coz books here are really expensive. Well, so I bought the book "The Memory Keeper's Daughter." Certainly interesting, captivating.. and a must read in one go. haha.... However, I suppose the ending was a little disappointing... Basically it is about a doctor who helped in the delivery of his own twins. One of the twin had down syndrome, and so he gave it away, and lied to his wife saying the baby had died. This lie comes between him and his wife eventually, and also comes between his relationship with his remaining son. The family begins to fall apart, and the doctor begins to isolate himself, never expressing his love though he intensely loves his wife and son.

Why is it that some man find it so hard to express their love? His isolation caused his wife and son to think that he didn't love them.

Pondering about this fact, I'm thankful that both my husband and father are expressive men, who freely show their love and express it through words. My husband's father though was a quiet, reclusive man who beat his children when he got home. THere were no "i love you's" and no hugs. My husband never knew his dad loved him, till he was about to leave for the US to study. And his dad quietly shoved him some money. He didn't say anything, but his eyes showed for the first time that he cared. That was the only glimpse my husband had of his father's love.

THe book also talks of the heart of the mother...how she nursed the little baby, was so afraid he'd get hurt and die....and gave her whole for him. Yet when he turned a teenage, he seemed so distant, so different and she wondered how the little innocent being whom she had held so close had changed. I ponder about my own relationship with my children...will it change when they become teens? I suppose it will.... but will it grow distant or remain close? I don't know. But I've given up full time working to foster a close relationship with my children... I hope it will pay off.

Yeah, there were moments when I had tears in my eyes while reading the book.

ok...will end here.... though my mind is still slightly troubled...... nevertheless...I have the joy of the Lord which is my strength. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hearts,
    I read this new post,when you talking about your hubby's father was reclusive man...yes you will find in the Asian countries,
    you and my families ae happiest one.
    My two son's told me that how I was good to looked after them...
    I was always at home when they come home from school and alrady cutted an orange with cup of Yoghurt on the table that they still talking about it.
    Now they are doing as same thing
    for their children what I have done in the past.
    luckily thier Mum's can stay home.
    I think awhile you can do for your children do you best to give them lots of LOVE that they will remember and going to past next generation ha ha ha
    You are doing very well..good mum. Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hearts,
    Keep on going with those "torturous" work outs. You will definitely see results soon! Take care.

    ReplyDelete