Tuesday, May 8, 2007

ok, my muscles are Killing me!!! Yesterday I went for this aerobics class called "Body sculpt". The instructor was a guy and we were an all ladies class. He made us do weights like we were in training to be the next Mr. Muscular man. My gosh, he was oblivious to the pain he was causing us ladies because he was so happy lifting those weights himself while dancing to loud music and shouting, 6 more! 5 more! 4 more!!! rar rar rarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

So this morning my muscles were so sore!! and I wanted to sleep in when I checked my diary and realised I had an appointment with a personal instructor today. So, reluctantly, i got me and the kids ready and headed for the gym again. First thing my gym instructor said was "good morning!" today we're gonna do intervals." So I followed, wondering what the heck was "intervals." I soon found out, it was MORE MORE weights!! alternating with weights for the thighs. With my aching muscles, I could barely lift those weights....hahaha.... I told her she was torturing me, and she told me my muscles needed serious reconditioning!

As for children, I've been attending this parenting class. And today, I realised I've not been doing too bad. I've been too hard on myself. I suppose it's coz I have this angelic niece, and I've been trying to turn N into an obedient angelic girl. I now realise , that is not N's character...and so I shouldn't beat myself if I don't turn her into perfect. Listening to the speaker talk about disciplining methods helped me realise I am on the right path. :) So hooray for that.

Also, this morning, I was just telling N that we should pray that she would have the fruits of the spirit which are love, joy, peace, kindness, patience, self-control etc etc. Well, I went for the parenting class today, and the speaker said "Parents, we should all pray that the Lord will grant us the fruits of the spirit." hahaha........ Yeah, was the Lord trying to tell me something? ok, I realise now, that I too, need to practice love, joy, patience, more patience, self control etc. :)

One thing that struck me.... a child will comply more to a joyful parent. A parent that is constantly strict and hardly smiling will often produce a rebellious child. Yes, Lord, I need more Joy! :) I admit, there are many mornings, I wake up not having a good night's sleep..and become a demanding grouch. And then little things tick me off. I must remind myself to be a joyful cheerful mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment