Monday, April 30, 2007

the longing for "freedom"

my store room is a giant mess.... I can't believe how much stuff we've collected in the 5 years we've stayed in this house! So unable to stand it anymore, I started taking out stuff one by one... a very tiring and *aaaa-chooooooooooooo* exercise. lots of dust!

I was just in the mood to throw, so regardless of whether the stuff had sentimental value or not, whatever I'd not used for 2 years, I just threw and threw! and man it felt good!!! hahaha....
Anyway, I chanced upon an old box of stuff...and upon opening it, I found so many photo albums taken in my early 20's. I can't help but realise how much I've aged since then! ok, so I'm not yet 35, but still there's a vast difference in look between a 20 year old and a 30 something. *sigh*

I long for that body of the 20 somethin again! hahaha... working hard on it. but I also long for that energy, zeal and "fire" I had! where has it gone? ...it just poofed out of the window.

There were albums of back packing trips across the US. I looked so young and free. I suppose the key word here is "free." I was free to travel, to do as I liked... I earned my own money working part time, and I spent it on travel. I didn't have to worry about household matters, a husband and kids. I did what I liked, and when I liked.

Now, whatever money I safe, I dare not spend. They are mostly for the kids. Raising kids is an expensive investment here. Everything is expensive. I dare not travel out of the country for it will waste too much money. We just do short trips nowadays. Even if I traveled, I have to lug around 2 kids, change their diapers, make sure they're fed, have their noon naps... etc etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy motherhood. Just today, I suddenly miss and long for that feeling of being "free" without a care, except for exams.

Ah...the life of a student is the best. Lotsa holidays..lotsa free hours. Perhaps I will have this "freedom" again when my children are 10 or 12 and independent. but what if I happen to have no. 3 come along? haha....

Last night was strange..I dreamt I went back to the US to do a second Masters, smack in the middle of Spring! can you tell how much I miss that place? it was like second home. oh well..that's it for now. When I feel like it.maybe I'll post some of the travel photos....if I get time....ifff.....if....................................

I just looked at the photos of Buchard Gardens in Victoria. So beautiful.......

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hearts,
    How are you? From result test was OK but except the platelets are still low next I need to have Boe Marrow Biopsy on the next Friday after it can be treat with medication. The doctor said my rashes are cause from low platelets.
    I was so scared the last two weeks that so many things in my mind with something a serious problems,
    One way I was relived from the night mare. Thank you for your concerns,I'll keep in touch with you.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hearts,
    I have decided to wait my doctor's would be back for his hoidays on the end of this month.
    This time of kast year that I nearly going to have CAT scanner for low white cell (my doctor's on the holiday) when he had check with my history it was always lower. My son's suggestion this.
    Sorry to this messy situation.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hearts,
    I thought I better comments on your this entries,
    I agree that everybody the same people collected a heaps of junks ha ha
    I hope you don't regret after threw it way quickly?
    You said you an do what you liked 100% free?
    You are Good mum don;t foget No three is on way? did you got shocked ha ha
    I hope your day has been a good one,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, Hearts. Let's talk soon. auntie g

    ReplyDelete