Monday, May 21, 2007

Goodnights

Sometimes N makes a big deal out of saying goodnights. Just tonight, after reading her a chapter from Narnia, she switched off the lights and said "Mum, can I just lie down here for a while? I will miss you when I go to my own room."

I replied "sure..but how can you miss me when you'll be fast asleep?"
"I'll miss you when I'm sleeping mum" says N, and she gives me a hug and several kisses on the cheeks. Then she gets up and says, "I'll be back to pray ok?"

A few seconds later I hear her calling her dad and baby J to come pray. :) haha..... So they are all in my room... and N prays. "Lord, I pray for mum...that you'll help her sleep well. Heal her from her shoulder pain, and please let her rest well, so she can teach us, feed us and look after us tomorrow when daddy goes to work. And Lord, I pray for Baby J, that she'll be a good baby and sleep well so she won't disturb mummy at night (at which point J interrupts and says "naughty N)...and I pray J won't always say naughty "(J interrupts again and says Naugchy nauchy L)....

N looks at Baby J, holds her head and prays near her face "and God, I pray Baby J will learn to say good..." Baby J says again Nauchy mummy, nauty daddy... hahaha....

Anyway, then N gives us all big hugs lotsa kisses, tiptoes out of the room, waving and giving flying kisses in the air. She closes the door gently, but before it shuts, she's back in again! She comes in to hold Baby J, sings to her the closing Barney song, and hugs and kisses J, and then goes to her room for the night.

Such a lengthy goodnight.... hahaha..... so wonderful. I hear that teenagers sometimes don't even say goonight. They just mumble something like "mmmrr..." and go to bed. So I'd better enjoy these wonderful sweet goodnights while they last. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment