Thursday, April 12, 2007

10 commandments

At Church N has been learning the 10 Commandments. Recently she came home and said "Mum, i learnt a new commandment today." Delighted, I asked her to recite it for me.
"Ok mum" said N. "it is, Thou shall Order your father and mother!"
"Order?" I asked!
"Yes, ORder your parents!" said N.

hahaha....well, if you know it, it's actually "Thou shall Honor your father and mother. "

Well, another week passed by, and she came home said "Mum, today the verse is.. Thou shall not commit anemone."

"Anemone?" I asked...hahaha....hmm..watching too much "Finding Nemo?"
N asked "Mum, what is anemone?"
I said "Not Anemone dear, it is, Thou shall not commit adultery."
"Adultery? Mum, what is that?" asked N.

I wondered why on earth was the teacher teaching my child that commandment? is it necessary yet? well, I tried to explain to her that adultery was when a man left his wife for another woman.
N replied "Oh, I don't want daddy to commit ane..adultery..coz I love you both. and I always want my mummy and daddy."
"aww, N," I replied, "mummy and daddy will stay together always, and with you too!"

another week goes..and N says on sunday "mum, today it is, thou shall not muller."
"N, I said, it is thou shall not murder."
"Murder mum? is it the same as kill? Oh Mum, mum, if I kill the ant, is it murder? will God punish me?"
"well," I replied.... "hmm...i'm not sure, but if it is cocroaches, and they are a pest, I think it's ok to kill them." [is it????] haha..

well...let's see what she learns this sunday folks! hahaha...

oh by the way, we went to see Nemo on Ice yesterday. It was a really cool show brought in from Australia i think. The costumes were beautiful and some of the effects were lovely. Only sometimes the girls were a little afraid when the sounds got too loud, esp scenes where they met the shark etc etc. Overall we enjoyed ourselves. :)

1 comment:

  1. hello :-)
    I think 'muller'is a good word for murder ! I love the things our little people say .my 6 year old nephew shouted across the park to tell me had had found some 'headlice'...woodlice really ..that made the adults look at us all though ...lol
    the commandments are a 'tricky oone 'to explain ,but I am sure that you will manage :-)

    the joy of motherhood be yours in abundance as you teach your girls right from wrong

    ReplyDelete