Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just got back from Gerik, absolutely peaceful town, and 40 mins drive from there is Tasik Banding and Belum National Park. BEAUTIFUL!

Anyway...wanted to write this down before I forget, about an experience at the mall last week. Nel decided she wanted to have one on one time with daddy So off they went, leaving me and Jo to shop for my shoes.

Well, Jo was “great” help at deciding, coz she kept bringing me high heels in striking pink and red, and heels with glitter; instead of the boring conventional black I was looking for.

However, she was great help in other ways. She helped me talk with the sales people. in at least 4 instances at different stores, she went over to the sales person and requested for the size I wanted. Which is size 7, (yes my feet are huge). The reaction of the various sales people were interesting.

The first looked down at her and ignored her. When she repeated “size 7 please”, she frowned and ignored her again. After a third request from Jo, she looked down at my little girl and asked “where is your mother?” Jo pointed in my direction, I looked at the sales lady and mouthed the words “size 7 please!” She promptly went and brough the pair of shoes. Later on, impressed she had conversation with Jo. :)

The second sales person was a man who stared and smiled in Jo in disbelief. He thought it a joke and ignored her. But looking around he saw me staring at him, he pointed at me, and pointed at Jo. I nodded, and he brought me the shoe size I wanted.

The third was a sharp boy. Upon request from Jo, he looked around and saw me. He immediately brought the shoe.

The fourth were 2 men talking together. When they received the request from Jo “size 7 please?” One of them took the shoe, looked at the other and continued chatting and laughing. Perhaps they were laughing at my little girl. She stood there, not moving and repeated “size 7 please”. The looked at her, smiled, said some cute words but did not get the shoe. Finally after a 3rd request from Jo, they realized she wasn’t kidding, looked around and saw me. One of them raised an eyebrow indicating “you want this?” I replied with a nod.
Interesting…why was it so hard for them to bring a size 7 shoe when requested by a little girl? Haha….

Anyway...yeah, recently me and girls watched "The BLind Side". Jo asked a hundred questions, and I threatened to remove her and ground her. I cried buckets of tears and wondered why my Nel was silent as stone. I turned towards her and saw her crying silent tears. Awww...yeah, she's always been the feeling, people person.

1 comment: