Wednesday, August 5, 2009

English Grey Tea, turned blue

I was doing some water colour painting yesterday when hubby came home. Since hubby was home, I decided to give total focus to my art to catch up for lost time. While I was painting I heard hubby mumbling something like

"My colleague brought back special Grey Tea from England and gave me a satchet to try. I saved it just for you, it's really special."

I mumbled "ok" and continued with my art work. A little later, he brought a lovely warm cup of grey tea and placed it next to me. "Here it is" he said, "try it."

I mumbled "ok" and continued painting.

Hubby disappeared from my sight. I then, *sigh* subconsciously dipped my ENTIRE paint brush, loaded with prussion blue, straight into the precious cup of English Grey tea. Yes, the only sachet of Grey Tea, which his colleague brought back from England, which hubby refused to drink coz he was saving it just for me.

Hubby came by looked at the cup, and I swear, his eyes opened wider than I've ever seen, when he saw the blue spattered all over the top of the tea cup, and dripping into the Grey Tea, turning it into a funny shade of colour. (sheepish grin)

ok, at first, he was a little mad....... and then, we had to laugh and REALLY laugh about it!
Anyway, then I told him, a month ago, I'd bought some Grey tea from Marks and Spencer, and told him, perhaps it might taste the same. So we settled for that. hahaha.....

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet man. What a sweet marriage.

    Might that be the same thing as Earl Grey tea?

    WW is Weight Watchers. It is a diet plan and you can go to meetings but I am not willing to pay them to weigh me at this point!

    Happy BD, Jo! hugs, auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: NZ photos, I took all photos myself otherwise no photos lol!
    I enjoy read your this post...
    I expect his going to mad about you but Your hubby is understand the person that I likes him too.
    Are you painting a oil or water's? One of my space friend that she is started the water paints, my friends are likes painted and they have talents but I'm not myself lol! more outside sport person...
    Have a peaceful day,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that the Marks & Spencer tea would be just as good !I quite enjoy Earl Grey now and again but much prefer our Yorkshire brand of tea :-)
    nice to catch up with you ,must get on facebook and look for recent photos .all for now ,sandra

    ReplyDelete