Friday, January 16, 2009

nel cries..

today I dropped Nel at school as usual. I watched her walk reluctantly to her row in the assembly hall. She looked lost and alone. I waited for a while coz she kept looking out for me. Finally the school bell rang indicating time to walk to their respective classes.

I left the school premises.
.
.
.
.
Picked her up in the evening.... and this was her story....

"Mum.....why did you leave so early? I wanted to run to you to give you one last hug before you left but I couldn't find you. Mum...... as I walked to class, I wanted to cry, but I told myself not to cry.
I tried and tried not to cry,...... but when I got to class, I couldn't control anymore and I cried. I was embarassed, so I hid under the table. Nobody noticed me coz I sit right at the back.

Then all the children left for the computer lab, but I continued crying under my table. My class teacher heard me crying after the children left. She also saw me, coz I made sure that my head was out a little so somebody would see me.
She was kind mum, she talked to me and walked me to my computer class. She told me because I am new, she'd sit with me, and she sat with me till I felt better. Mum, she's a kind teacher.
I want to give her a card and a present mum."

That was Nel's story today... Wow, my daughter hiding under a table and crying? Anyway, I'll make sure Nel gets to write the card she wants to write. Such a kind teacher...we need more like her around instead of the shouting/caning type. I appreciate that teacher, will write her a note myself.

4 comments:

  1. My heart hurts so for my little Nel. However, God was kind in sending that teacher. Is she the same one who spoke of caning her for the book? Doesn't sound like it.

    How is Jo doing with her big sister away from her all day? Hugs to both of them. Love, a.g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this is something i should learn too. sometimes my kids cry and I don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how nice! kids need teachers like her who understand the mind and the needs of children...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you.......a.g.

    ReplyDelete