Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HFMD

today's just been absolutely draining.....
it started last night when Nel developed fever.... today morn, rushed her to the pediatrician, my aunt Pauline's clinic, which is a 40 mins drive through crazy traffic. I go to her, coz I don't trust any of the doctors around my place.

Well...turns out, Nel has HFMD . That poor girl had fever the whole of last night and the whole of today...with sores beginning to form on her upper palate...which will turn to painful ulcers, said the doctor. Needless to say, she's not eaten much.

Anyway, after the visit to the doctor, I dropped the kids at my dad's and drove to a meeting at the uni where I will be lecturing part time. I suppose, because my mind was so troubled by my children's health, I actually took sooooooo many wrong turns! a 40 minute drive became ONE and HALF hours! I ended up in the busy KL City .... and arrived at the meeting 40 mins late.

Later I drove by dad's to pick my children up only to find Jo crying and whining...complaining of pains everywhere, mainly on her joints and mouth. SHe was running a fever...and she was crying non stop, refusing any form of liquid or food.

Once again, I found myself on the very busy road, heading towards Aunt Pauline's clinic. By the time we reached the clinic and saw the doc, I was so tired, I thought I was just gonna cry. I know, boo hoo, cry baby. haha.... well i Was just darn tired.

So Jo is down with HFMD too..... her entire throat is swollen.... poor baby.

Really....times like this, mothering is tough....
We have to console the crying baby..
try to soothe away the pains...
carry the baby who's sick and clingy no matter how our back aches..
gently persuade them to take that little bite or drink ...
and most of all, remain strong...for a mother cannot afford to fall sick...coz she has to tend to all her little children...(and sometimes husband)....

ok.....will try to sleep now....though...it seems impossible....am not looking forward to tomorrow...but am trusting the Lord to heal them quickly...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my friend. I am so sorry to hear of this. I know how much you were looking forward to going away. I am praying for rapid recovery for the children and strength for you as you take care of them.

    The way I see it is that God may be saving you from something bad that might have happened while you were away, e.g. an accident or whatever. You believe that Prov. 3:5,6 and Romans 8:28 so you know this to be true, right? Still, you are disappointed and I feel sad for you.

    Sending you hugs in the Spirit, g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that Nel is feeling better

    ReplyDelete