Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 1 Physiotherapy

Finally ... I started my physiotherapy today. The session lasted for an hour and a half. Some of it was painful, some of it was relaxing. The ice packs were nice. My shoulders have gotten so bad lately it's hard to wash my own hair or do things for the children without some pain. So I figured, time to get it fixed.

Jo sat down quietly and observed what they were doing. She's really good for a 2 1/2 year old. :) but at one point, when she saw them putting stuff on me, she panicked, and the poor little one started crying badly. So I told her to stand by my bed and hold my hand. She did that in between sobs. I'd to assure her that I was ok, and the physio was helping me and not hurting me. Let's hope the shoulders and back will get better with each session. I'm praying hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight as I put the children to bed Jo said "Mummy, I'm so happy to be with you." Smile

As for Nel she said "Mum.....I wish I was a baby again...."

I asked her why she wished that... and she replied "When I was a baby, you hugged me while I closed my eyes and you used to tap my back till I fell asleep."

I recalled back to the days before Jo was born. Nel being the very affectionate person she is, would snuggle close to me, her hand always touching my shoulders to make sure I was right there beside her when she slept. but when Jo was born, we had to move Nel to a different room, coz Jo was a super wakey baby, waking up 5-6 times a night.

Anyway, so today, I snuggled close beside her, and she held my hand with one, and with the other, held my shoulders like she did when she was a baby. Then she said "sing me my favourite song mum, "May The Lord Bless you.."

So I sang..and she fell asleep, soundly like a baby. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for my weekly cooking/baking sessions with Junee...last friday, me and Junee attempted to make Onde Onde...and here are the pictures. Yup, they turned out delicous and are very easy to make . :)

The Paste - Glutinous flour, tapioca flour, juice from screwpine leaves



Fill each one with palm sugar and roll into balls making sure sugar is properly sealed inside.

boil, drain and roll in coconut


Bite into it and fill it "burst" in your mouth as the palm sugar melts in your mouth. yumm...

5 comments:

  1. Guess you are a good cook. Not many women can cook now a days, including me. Your children are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hearts,
    It sound painful, how did happents?
    I look back for the last entry to see I missed something you might had mentions about the pains...
    I hope you get fixed a while still you can used your hands.
    Your children were so touching feeling for you that they want to more atention from you lol!
    they were lucky to having you lovely mum....so sweeti...
    I loved your sweets Thanks I would have tonight after my dinner...
    Pleas take care,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hearts, love you blog!!:) Left you a msg on mine, but in case you didn't see it, i think Physio is a good way to learn the exercise that you can continue to do at home...also, yoga and pilates help (you can do them at home;) when you have a break)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope the therapy helps alot. It makes me sad to know you are in pain.

    I have the cook book by the pc so you will be getting the recipe soon. Sorry it is taking so long.

    hugs, auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am praying too that therapy will help. Michi, this has been a problem for 6 years... but recently it gives me terrible headaches and sleepless nights...hence the therapy..

    ReplyDelete