Monday, December 17, 2007

busy week

Christmas is around the corner and I am busy. There's presents yet to be bought. I have a very large extended family... and I've only bought half the presents. It's tradition that we meet at my grandma's every Christmas day or Christmas Eve. All my 10 aunts and uncles and their children and children's children will be there. It's also tradition to give gifts to the umarried.... Can you hear me sigh as I watch my bills escalating and my bank account depleting? haha... but then, yes, I love giving... it's nice to give and my children will get to receive.

To add to the "buzy-ness"..there's all the extra classes I have to teach this week to make up for my going away next week. I'll be off to Sabah (East Malaysia) to witness my cousin's wedding by the beautiful ocean. I so look forward to that.

Not forgetting, I have 3 dinners to cook for. 3!!! well..I'll be making a turkey for grandma's, a Sheperd's Pie for a combined dinner with friends, and a whole meal at my own place.

I've not finalized my menu.... (the one at my own house.).. To date, the menu is gonna be

-Roast Turkey
-Sheperd's Pie
-Fettuccini with Creamy Tomato Italian Sausage Sauce
- Yam Rice (chinese style)
-Salad or long thin beans cooked with ham and herbs

If you have any suggestions to add to my menu, please feel free to advice. :) or better still, if you can come and help me out in the kitchen, I'd be absolutely delighted! haha...

Merry CHristmas to you my beautiful friends!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! Christmas and Easter both a traditional our families celebration. about over thirty adults and only two small one in our family,(my G-kids)they get a lots of presents all the times,
    so much that end up they don't appreciated much?
    But their mother does put it away to the store then during in year she gave to her children it sems worked out okay.
    I was surprise to hear that you cook the Sheoerd's pie this is a an english tradition food in winter time.
    Good lucky with your cooking ha ha
    Your are pretty good mum and wife.
    I would be back before Christmas.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could be in your kitchen helping you! It would be so much fun, don't you think?

    I'm almost done with Christmas preparation. I don't really do all that much. For the first time in years I will be spending Christmas Eve with my side of the family! Woo-hoo! Really looking forward to it.

    hugs all around, auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  3. how I would love to be there and help in your kitchen ! my years of buying and cooking are beginning all over with the next generation ..lol your girls are growing so fast ,and that dog is so cute ..like a teddy bear :-)
    praying that our Lord fills your heart and home with love ,peace and joy this Christmastime .

    For to us a child is born,to us a son is given,and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor,Mighty God,Everlasting Father,Prince of Peace .
    Isaiah 9;6

    *blessings*
    sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u for stopping by... i never seem to know from u...
    take good care... missin u much and missin the old me


    Wen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hearts,

    Since in-laws are Jehovah Witnesses and my family do not celebrate Christmas either, Franklin and I do not have to go crazy with presents. I will be slow-cooking a pot roast in red wine, and vege and possibly serve with salad and some form of pasta. We will spend most of the day in NYC...since he has to work in NYC.

    However, have a blessed Christmas and a happy New Year

    HT and Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  6. kisses and hugs... I started my own blog

    ReplyDelete