Sunday, September 9, 2007

more why questions from Nel

Nel has been asking tonnes of questions...that I admit, sometimes, I loose my patience. *aarrghh...I can hear the lightning strike me for being an impatient mother.* You see her torrent of questions usually come when I'm driving. Coz she's sitting down with nothing to do...so she either starts asking questions, or she starts making up strings of songs which she INSISTS I listen and appreciate and clap!! or she starts disturbing/playing with her sister.

I can take a little bit of listening, and answer some questions, but when I'm on the busy highway and Nel's questions or songs increase, my head starts to pound and sometimes I yell out "zip your mouth or we're gonna blah blah blah." Ok, I need to be more patient. Praying for MORE.

Well, yesterday her question was quite CUTE! Here's what she asked "Mum, why is it, I can see your chest bump out and Ah Ma's (grandma's) chest and aunty's chest all bump out (protruding) but I cannot see daddy's or Ah Kong's (grandpa) or mine?"

I thought, oh my, here we go, another question about anatomy. (If you remember, when she was 4 she once asked why Lu's belly button was dangling and hanging out of his tummy!) Well...so I was about to go into breast tissues and milk ducts etc etc....when she herself answered the question. She said "Is it coz you, AhMa and aunty are women, and daddy and AhKong are men? and because I'm just a little girl? that's why our chest are flat?"

"Yes Nel!" I replied happily. Not wanting to go into scientific detail since I was driving. Maybe it's time to get a science book on human anatomy for her. Ok, we're off to the Elephant Sanctuary in some forest where we get to ride the elephants, feed them and bathe them. Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hearts,
    The children are so cute aren't they? I can tell you my son was about 4 years of age after he has shower with his dad that a question
    to me "Why he has big xxx would I get big one when I got big boys?
    It was natural question ...
    but I just laugh on couldn't say!
    I said to him..go to ask your dad.
    Tha was a longtime ago thank you for remind me ha ha ha
    Be patience with kid's,
    Love, Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.. wht a cute question! :D

    ReplyDelete