Saturday, June 9, 2007

armpit hair

Rb text messaged me today asking why men have nipples when they don't have to breastfeed? I told her I didn't know why, perhaps to look sexy for women? well, she thinks it's to regulate their temperature. hmm..... She also wonders why women with triplets don't have three breasts.

Then I asked her why God gave us armpit hairs only to have us remove them? So she told me she'd do a blog on that. I'm waiting for it Rb! In the mean time, here are my questions for you Rb and any women out there.

1) What is the function of the armpit hair?

2) If removed, does it affect the body in anyway? Is there a consequence to health or body odour?

3) Who was the first woman to remove her armpit hair? In which century did she live? Why did she do it? coz of what somebody said? to please someone? for health reasons? too hot in her country?

4) Before the invention of tweezers, wax and shavers, how did women remove their armpit hair? Yank them off? YOUCH!!

5) Do men find women sexier with it or without? I know in France, men find women with armpit hair sexier. Right? well...once I was on Perhentian Island, and there were lotsa women from Europe there with armpit hair. I kinda had to stare at them...I didn't mean too, but it was weird seeing women with stuff hanging from under their arms.

I also had a guy friend once who was watching world skating competition with me, and when the lady skater lifted her arms, he exclaimed "Where's her armpit hair?????? She loooks weird without them!" I calmly asked if he'd been living in the jungle all this while.

Ok, is there a research on this already? otherwise I might consider doing my Phd on this with the help of you Rb! hahaha....

5 comments:

  1. Finally, I am here to catch up. I have read about everything from global warming to children ruining a good steak dinner to arm pit hair. Oh, my! I really must visit more often!

    Worry is a needless thing, Hearts. We who love Him have no need for worry. However, also being a mother, I worry as well. Heavy sigh. God gave us mothers' hearts so I guess there is something right about it.

    Please give my little God nieces hugs and kisses for me, auntie g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Hearts,,,
    I am so happy to see you out and about... I sure have missed you.
    I did see your comments on a few spaces and had no idea how to catch you...but I found a link and here I am.
    How have you been....? I sure have missed you so much.
    Hope that all is well with you and your family.
    As for the blog with the arm pit hair... I see it a lot here in Italy, although I do not have arm pit hair because I shave it off, to me, it looks really awful. Even to my sweetheart, he said that it looks awful, ha ha ha, and yes, the first time that I saw a lady with it, then again I was wondering if I should call her a lady with all that arm pit hair... ha ha ha, I had to stare.
    I do not know why women shave... but it does look better when we do.
    God Bless You Hearts...
    Hugs & Kisses
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps it's just leftover from the ice age when humans had to have more body hair to keep warm? haha! i wonder who was the first person who decided that hairless was more attractive than with hair. wish we could turn bck time and change that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice of you to drop by again :-)
    Fergus does have lots of hair ...though no armpit hair ...lol

    I think it is something to do with the scent of attracting a mate ...does not appeal to me though ! I prefer mates that are showered and clean smelling .
    Trust you to take up this subject ,it reminnds me of the poo one you did on msn.
    If you do find out the reason for armpit hair do let me know .

    *blessings*

    ReplyDelete