Thursday, May 31, 2007

We’re preparing to sing for my grandma’s 80+++ birthday. My grandma who has been my prayer tower, and source of inspiration is really growing frail. Her memory seems to be failing fast, and she’s just not the same anymore. I can’t help but feel sad…..knowing of the imminent…….return to heaven.

Anyway, so I’ve gotten my little girls to rehearse a little presentation for her birthday party this weekend. You should see them! Little J holding N’s hands. They belt out “Jesus loves me” on top of their lungs! N sings it with all her heart with hand movements. Little J sings it REALLY loud too and seriously, with a little frown on her face, full of expression. :)

Talking about that…hold on, oh my gosh!! I just put both N and J in the shower and told them to bathe. I just turned around to see that N has actually brought J out, wiped her dry and PUT on DIAPERS for her little sister!!!!!!! Wow!!!! ….wait a minute!….I don’t know how she did it, but the diaper is on BACKWARDS!!! Hahahahahaha…………. Ok, she’s attempting to put on J’s clothes now…let’s see how it’ll turn out! Hahahaha…can’t stop laughing.

Anyway, I thought I’d just include a little update on J’s development like I see in all these Baby Journals. I don’t do a lot of that…coz it might be boring, or sound like bragging, that is if she’s an overachiever. But I can’t tell yet.

Right now, J’s 21 months. For now she seems quiet when out, and can turn rock still like stone and not even blink her eyes when facing a stranger!
- she talks a lot at home. Knows most of her body parts and animal names.
- She can sing several whole songs by heart and almost accurately.
- She can sing parts of some songs in other languages too.
- She loves dancing! Haha…and lately is incorporating her new found jumping skills.
- She can count almost accurately up to 15 and jumbles the numbers after that, but they are there, between 11 to 20, just not in very accurate order.
- She recognizes her shapes and some colors and the alphabet O!
- She drinks direct from a cup, no sippy cup, just an ordinary cup. She feeds herself during mealtimes and holds the spoon really well.
- She plays really well with her sister and is quite a joker! She gets her grandpa laughing really hard sometimes! :)
- She likes pretend games which are to do with the kitchen! Haha.. She’ll go behind the play kitchen and ask “mum..you want chicken? Mum, water?”
- She prays really cutely before her milk
- She operates the VCD player, the fan, and electrical toys on her own...(attempting to operate the oven too!)
You know what….I can’t list down the things. It’s crazy trying to think. Overall, I think she’s developing just like any other child. :)

__________________________________________

As for N, she's a little confused with some past-tense words when it comes to reading. She's progressing really well in her reading skills. She was reading Noah and the ark on her own, when she came across the word "covered." She read it as "Cover-red". Then we came across "gathered" and she read it as "Gather-red", and Stopped as "stop-ped." When I corrected her, she said "mum, red is RED, and Ped is ped, as in pedal". Well, she finally agreed with me and read them correctly. Then we came across the word "ended", and she just read it as "end." I told her this time, she would have to read it as "End-ded."
Ahh...English............. such a fun language. ;)

ok...have to go.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your grandma, hearts...gives me a warm feeling to hear J and N rehearsing for great grandma :0)

    J attempted to change diaper for N...hey that's so grown up...she is a great chea-chea.Proud of her :0)Hip-hip hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hearts,how are you??

    Ypur post ,especially the initia bit,reminded me of my grandma's bday in Jan.She also turned turned 80. Age does catch up and they become quite frail !! My grandma has been my source of inspiration and role model !! She lost her husband when she was just 39 and she brought up 4 kids single handedly !! Love her to bits,she lives nearby adn one meets her very often !! Grandparents are God's blessings !!

    Your little ones are delightful and very bright !! God bless them !! Like mother,,,like daughters :) !! The effort you put in is showing :) !!

    I dont have ur email id,unfortunately !! Is there anyway i can send u a msg with my id or u cd send me a msg with your id??? :!

    I am feeling better,thanks....and no,its not a good haircut...lol....just positive thoughts,i guess !!:)

    Have a wonderful day !!

    Love,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Grandma !! Good health,peace ,love,prosperity....today...tom...always !!
    Regards to her!!
    Love,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete