Monday, March 29, 2010

tough days

There are days when the area in my throat is tight from nagging, my lips are thinly pursed, and my muscles tensed. Sometimes it can be overwhelming having to juggle children, household chores and work.

There are days when the children seem out of hand, refusing to obey rules, whining and complaining…and I’m trying to drive them so that work can get done, and the house can be neat all before my students arrive in the noon for music classes, particularly before the fussy parent arrives.

Today is such a day. I’ve cleaned the house so many times, yet there are still some toys strewn here and there, and crumbs beneath the study table. Jodie’s changed clothes 4 times today and it’s not even evening yet. I’ve given her several warnings. Danelle’s been day dreaming instead of focusing on work. Piles of laundry await folding and washing. In the kitchen there is a mini flood coz Jodie’s been making drinks again and left a puddle of water in the middle. and right now they're fighting over which movie to watch.

I know, I will not have time to cook dinner again, coz the day is gonna be packed with students and replacements. So I’ll probably throw in some spaghetti with sauce, grab a very quick bite during the very short evening break.Whatever bits of time I have, are minutes snatched in between to pour out my thoughts on the blog, check a little facebook... and sometimes to complete a painting..bits and pieces here and there.

Yeah…some days just seem so unbearable.

Truly without God I might get depressed somedays. But He gives me strength, joy and inspiration when I need it, especially when teaching my own children and other children. For what’s the point of teaching unless I truly love what I’m doing. [and yes, I do love teaching]

Ah yes, He [God] gives me the strength which I need, to juggle all. I guess, He’s given that strength and endurance to most mothers. If we don’t have it, then we need to look to Him and ask, and then it all becomes more bearable.

To my cousin with twins...God is your strength, remember that. love you.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, my friend. And I only have one kid, so I can only imagine your struggle. But whatever that gives you strength, latch on to it. And hope you will find some time for yourself too. I find that time away from my daughter to recharge helps me appreciate our time together and deal with the chaos a little better.

    Yes, I'm back at home. Time sure flies when you're having fun. And sometimes, even when you're not. So relish every moment all the same. For better, for worse, at least we're with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are able to see beyond the here and now, dear Hearts.

    My daughter was yelling at Bells today and I said to Himself, "I wish she wouldn't yell like that." Then I had to realize she had every right to be upset with her daughter and it was none of my business!

    Ah, being a grandparent! hugs all around, auntie g

    ReplyDelete