Tuesday, June 12, 2007

J's not been well for 2 weeks now and it is tough. Sleepless nights again.
Anyway, while tending to the kids this afternoon, I received a phone call from hubby. Usually he calls around lunch time to check on how things are going and how kids are doing. So nice that my hubby still does that after 7 years of marriage. Circle Of Hearts

Anyway, so as usual he called again today. Usually he says in a mild tone "hi hon, how's things at home?" Well, today was different, his voice was high, and I could sense the smile on his face on the other side of the phone. And when I said hi, he replied lovingly "Hi Darling!"

Without thinking, I responded by frowning and said "huh? whassup? what's wrong?" Sleepy
I think he heard the tone of my voice, and sensed my frown. haha.. Then he laughed, and said, "ok,ok, hon, how was your day? "

.... later when I put the phone down, it dawned on me on how I've changed in my attitude when he calls. I used to be all excited...and to hear him call me honey or darling would be like seven heaven. In our years of marriage, the honey, became hon. And eventually "hon-ah". (It's M'sian to sometimes add the word "ah" at the back when calling someone.) So my name has become "Hun-nah." hahaha....

So today hearing him call me "darling".....was just surprising. It took me by surprise and I reacted by being unresponsive and unfriendly. .....oh boy,Frown, I'm disappointed with myself. I should have whispered back "Yes, darling, how are you? I miss you." I'm sure that would've made his day instead of the "what's wrong?" reaction. haha..

*sigh* I must learn to be romantic again. Somehow...being with children all day long takes the romance out of my stride! I suppose the animation below summarizes what I did to his attempt at being romantic or loving. May I learn to be more loving next time. Actually i NEED to change and be a more loving wife when he calls or come home, instead of being so into the children. I know my husband would appreciate some extra loving from me. Tips tips ladies, any tips for me?

In The Garbage





7 comments:

  1. Hearts,
    That is so cute:) Love is an awesome thing and see you thought about it and now you know what to do.My husband and I work together everyday.Even so we keep the romance alive and it is so nice:) and peaceful to notice one another even after a long day.Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hearts, there you go again...making my heart melt...sniffle..sniffle..:0)aww...nice to hear hubby calls you...God bless you both.

    See ya!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your husband calls you without fail even after 7 years of marriage! That's awesome! :-) You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hearts,
    You are good wife..yes! when you starts thinking about your hubby to how can I makes him happier?
    that way always the marriage life are sweet..I think you didn't realize yourself how you were good wife for him ha ha ha
    he rang you to most of days...you know why now..you still have a lots of a charms that after seven years of marriage,Keeping smiling,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm i think perhaps your husband should teach my boyfriend how to be romantic. i wish he'd call ME everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it surprising that the 'D' word surprises you now Hearts? :)

    Tip.. ouch! I can't give any Hearts! May be the next time he calls, you can first smile, think about your first kiss, and then start with something! sheesh! :p

    I leave it to the ladies here to give you better tips :p Hope J gets well soon!

    Have a cool weekend!
    Love,
    Divoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. By "I leave it to the ladies", I meant the ones who're at your stage.. I'm not yet there :p

    It sounded like I'm not a lady :D

    ReplyDelete